Dermatologists know best
Dermatologists can offer skincare tips that will have your skin looking beautiful for decades. It is never too late to begin to practice good skin care habits. We are sure that you are familiar with a few of them, so consider these gems, and make sure they are a part of your regimen:
- Avoid the sun as much as possible, and when that is not possible, wear sunscreen and protective clothing.
- Get a full-body skin exam by a dermatologist before you turn 30. You will want your dermatologist to have an early record at your moles and be able to follow them for changes in the future.
- Always remove your makeup. Removing makeup is the foundation for clearer, healthier skin. Make a habit of cleaning your face as soon as you get in the door instead of waiting until right before bedtime.
- Moisturizers help preserve our skin barrier, but they also help to provide protection from external chemicals.
- Go easy on dairy products. Dairy products can be difficult for the body digest, as is evidenced by so many people being lactose intolerant. When you get too much dairy for your body to digest, it may affect your skin in the form of cystic acne
- Getting the proper rest allows every system in the body to recharge and perform its best. This includes our largest organ; our skin. Seven to eight hours of sleep is usually sufficient.
- Do not over exfoliate. We tend to either overdo it or skip it altogether. Once or twice a week with a physical and chemical scrub can help you achieve great skin.
- Go easy on the lather and foam. Choose a cleanser that is not high-foaming, which can strip the skin, leaving it dry and more prone to breakouts. Aggressive cleansing can even cause sensitivity to the environment.
- Treat your neck as an extension of your face. This particularly applies when it comes to sunscreen. The number one cause of premature skin aging is UV rays given off from the sun.
One of Charlotte’s leading dermatologists
If you seek to avoid problems with your skin, hair, or hands, Dermatology Specialists of Charlotte can provide high quality and innovative treatment in a caring and professional environment. Dr. Nixon is a board-certified dermatologist whose dedication, experience, and knowledge will provide the best possible treatment for your cosmetic concerns.
Their range of services includes medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology; including removal of skin cancer. They provide a full range of cosmetic offerings such as skin tightening, fat reduction, chemical peels, Botox treatments, microdermabrasion, and more. Treatment is available for both adult and pediatric patients. Call your Dermatology Specialists of Charlotte today; for a skin care evaluation and analysis.