Getting ready for the holidays
Are you wondering what you will need to do before your first visit with a Charlotte dermatologist? Many women and men consider skin rejuvenation as part of their plan to start being healthier in the New year ahead. Your initial visit will always include a thorough health history, a comprehensive skin evaluation, and a skin cancer screening. For many of you, this will be your first visit, and we want to offer some helpful tips and insights so that you will know what to expect.
Prepare for your visit
Preparing for a visit with your Charlotte best dermatologist is a common courtesy for you and your doctor. The objective is to save time and confusion, allowing your doctor to completely assess your skin without distraction or time consuming activity such as removing nail polish or calling family members about medical history. Consider these helpful tips from Charlotte best dermatologist that will make your visit go more smoothly:
- Remove all nail polish from your fingernails and toenails.
- Survey your own skin a day or so before your visit, be sure to tell the doctor about any new or changing moles.
- Make a list of any symptoms that accompany changes in a mole, such as itching, or bleeding.
- Tell the doctor when you first noticed a lesion or mole changes.
- Come prepared with your medical history
- Be sure to mention if family members have been diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Tell your dermatologist about your experience with tanning beds, and your habits regarding working and playing outdoors.
- Prepare a list of any medications or supplements you are currently taking.
Being ready to give answers to any questions that will help your doctor understand your lifestyle as it affects your skin condition.
During the Examination
You should arrive early enough to fill out any necessary forms. Expect your Charlotte best dermatologist to perform a thorough examination of your entire body. This will include the skin in between your fingers, toes, and along your hairline. Your doctor could possibly take pictures as a way of documenting the size, shape, color, and type of freckles and/or moles on your body. This way, he or she can quickly see if there are any changes in future examinations.
Ballantyne area dermatologists
Dr. Nixon is a board certified Charlotte dermatologist whose dedication, experience, and knowledge will provide the best possible treatment for your skin, hair, and reliable cosmetic dermatology concerns. Dermatology Specialists of Charlotte also offers medical, reliable cosmetic dermatology, and surgical dermatology; including removal of skin cancer. We provide a full range of cosmetic offerings such as skin tightening, fat reduction, chemical peels, Botox:registered: treatments, microdermabrasion, and more. We provide treatment for both adult and pediatric patients. Call our office today for a skin care evaluation and analysis of your sun damaged skin, or any other skin condition.