Ballantyne dermatologists know that you want your back to be smooth and acne-free
Ballantyne dermatologists can help the people of Charlotte, NC if they are suffering from severe back acne, or “bacne.” Acne on the back can be a miserable condition to live with. Many people who have severe back acne will not wear a swim-suit or backless dress or top out in public, for fear of being ridiculed. In the summer months, this can lead to missed opportunities and hot conditions from having to be covered up all the time. If you have back acne and are in need of help, then we’ve put together this guide made by Ballantyne dermatologists who can help you with your skin condition.
What causes back acne?
Ballantyne dermatologists are experts when it comes to acne of all kinds, whether it be on your face or on your back. The causes of back acne are very similar to the causes of acne on the face- genetics, bacteria, oily skin, and changes in hormones according to a Ballantyne top dermatologist. If back acne, or face acne, is prevalent in your family, then your genetics may make you pre-wired to experience lesions, such as pimples and whiteheads, all over your back. Those who have skin that is excessively oily, or clogged with dead skin cells can also suffer from some serious back acne. If you have a habit of getting sweaty and not changing your clothing, then this sweat can seep into your pores and cause your back to break-out. There are many different causes to back acne, and many different treatment options.
Clear up your back acne
Ballantyne top dermatologist have tips when it comes to clearing up the acne on your back.
- If you have been exercising for an extended period of time and have a back that is sweaty, remove your clothes immediately after exercising and shower to reduce your chance of developing back acne.
- If you cannot shower after your workout, then bring some salicylic acid pads that you can keep in your gym bag.
- Speaking of exercising, try wearing clothing that is loose-fitting when your work-out. Having tight-fitting clothes that trap the sweat you produce against your back can definitely be causing your back acne woes.
- Applying a topical antibiotic to your back can also help stop the development of back acne. Salicylic acid body washes are available at drugstores and supermarkets, and work great to combat acne found on the back.
- Benzoyl peroxide is another chemical agent that can clear up your back acne if used regularly.
- Finally, exfoliate the skin of your back around 1-2 times per week. This exfoliator will rid the surface of your skin of excess oil and dead skin cells, and can help to clear up any back acne you may be experiencing.
The Dermatology Specialists of Charlotte – your acne specialists
Ballantyne top dermatologist Dr. Deborah Nixon and her team of highly skilled skin specialists at the Dermatology Specialists of Charlotte, NC can help you clear up any acne you may be experiencing- on your face or on your back. If you are living in the Charlotte, NC area and are interested in improving the appearance of your skin, schedule an appointment with us today.